Friday, June 10, 2011

Homearama Show Homes

 In near 100 degree heat, I decided to go visit nine beautiful houses at Homearama. Thank goodness they were air conditioned!! They were all very pretty and it was a fun way to spend an afternoon.. however, I left feeling a little underwhelmed. The houses, although beautiful, were lacking something for me. They had some of the historic details that give a home character, but the interior decor felt like it was missing something.... I felt like I was walking through a furniture store salesroom. I realised that it's the small details that make a home, not the expensive furniture. Like Candice says, it's the "unexpected" elements in a room that give the wow factor!

I did like a few of the interiors. Take a peek and see what you think!


My favorite Exterior.

Amazing high ceilings and natural light.

Pretty breakfast room, but I felt like it needed
some texture, like a sisal rug under the table...??

Favorite bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment