Sunday, June 17, 2012

Obsessed with neutral

Olioboard
 I am so obsessed with these interiors from my previous post. I just love the neutral scheme the designer created. It goes to show that neutral doesn't have to be boring. The texture from the rug, carved end tables and woven baskets above the fireplace adds all the visual interest you need to make up for less colour. I think what really makes this work, is the contrast in light and dark with the furniture walls, floor and ceilings. The little pops of greenery add a little more life to the room and lift it as a whole.. I just wanna go here for a relaxing vacation so much that I made a little room plan up myself!! The items used are from a combination of Pottery Barn, West Elm, Kirkland's, Layla Grayce and the Ralph Lauren. Wish I could move in right now!


My Inspiration from the Londolzi Tree Camp - Africa.

Love the zebra ottoman and that cool plant.

The contrast between light and dark is impressive, the life the greenery adds is pretty awesome too!!
Makes me wanna spend $1.99 on some lucky bamboo I saw at the grocery store,
much cheaper than buying a new bunch of flowers every week!!

2 comments:

  1. Great post on neutral design schemes and I love your inspiration from the Londolzi Tree Camp in Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comment!! I love the Londolozi tree camp, it's now on my bucket list (very close the the top!) Sally

    ReplyDelete