Thursday, April 28, 2011

Coastal Cottage Bedroom Design

http://olioboard.com/boards/31750-sun-bleached-and-sandy

One of my favorite places to spend some time, Olioboard, is having a really fun contest. The challenge is to design a bedroom, using only pieces from the Layla Grayce website, to create a Coastal Cottage style bedroom. This is my entry above, I tried to create a design based around this gorgeous coral chandelier from Currey and Company (sold at Layla Grayce).

I was inspired by the subtle texture and creamy, white colours. I imagine a bedroom with lots of windows (and an ocean view), perhaps white washed walls and painted white, wooden floors. Some where inspired by seashells, coral and the sun and sand.

Currey and Company - Seaward Chandelier


2 comments:

  1. Beside the bed is it a mirror or a lamp? It somehow looked like a big pearl from the photo. The chandelier is perfectly designed as a coral.


    Corporate Clothing from UniformPoint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! They are actually shell mirrors! I believe they are from the Layla Grayce Website. Sally

      Delete