Saturday, August 6, 2011

Rooms by State - Louisiana

Olioboard

I wanted to put some ideas together for a Louisiana style sleeping porch. I used cool greens and blues in contrast to the hot and humid climate. I love the old wrought iron beds and their casual elegance, I thought that simple white/cream matelasse bedding would look crisp and cool, perhaps with a few complimentary throw pillows. I can imagine that this icy blue star lantern would be a nice addition to the starry nights sky which you could view from the comfort of the bed. I thought that a few strings of paper lanterns would also give a nice soft glow and create some ambiance. And, of course you have to have some hanging ferns to complete the picture!

I found a few great inspirational images whilst surfing. I would love to have the pretty blue bead board ceiling (Southern Living) to complete my sleeping porch, totally Southern! Eddie Ross gives some great ideas on his Blog, I hadn't noticed, until posting, that his porch includes the same Dash and Albert rug that I had used for my sleeping porch. I can imagine the the decorpad swinging beds would work equally well on a sleeping porch. They would be a nice place to drift off to sleep under the stars.. Finally, Pottery Barns interpretation of a sleeping porch... the perfect place for a kiddies slumber party.

Southern Living
Porch - Eddie Ross
via decorpad
via Pottery Barn

No comments:

Post a Comment