Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Adding Drama with Black

http://olioboard.com/users/sallyjl

I never thought I'd be open to using so much black in a room, but take a look at some of these gorgeous examples! Okay, so you have to be a bit gutsy to make the move, and black isn't for everyone, but wowzas! It really does add drama and contrast to a space. I am totally in awe with those designers/homeowners that take the plunge and paint a wall black. I love the way wall decor is highlighted with a dark backdrop.

I tried my hand at a black and gold moodboard after falling head over heels for the WSHome Maze Rug. It's really meant for outdoors, but what the hey, Olioboard has no rules!! I love the geometric pattern, and it looks great paired with gold/yellow accents. I have to send a big thank you to a lovely lady on Olioboard for giving me some tips with this one. :-)

via decorpad
via decorpad
via decorpad
via decorpad
I have to say, if I saw a black kitchen, I could only think of one designer.
Kelly Wearstler is the Queen of creating drama and contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment