Friday, March 11, 2011

Inspired by the Marshes

http://olioboard.com/users/sallyjl

I just did a post on North Carolina, and now I'm moving further South! I am putting this perfectly moody, marsh canvas on my ever growing "wish list." It's called 'Storm Over the Marsh' from Ballard Designs. It reminds me of the drive we did to Bluffton and Hilton Head in South Carolina. The subtle colour palette was inspired by the peaceful wetlands. On the first attempt, I used blue as an accent, taken from the sky and water. On the second, I used the green from the grasses and other vegetation. I thought I would prefer the blue like I usually do, but this time it's definitely the green version! What do you think?

From Palmetto Bluffs Facebook page

http://olioboard.com/users/sallyjl

From Palmetto Bluffs Facebook page.
This image inspired my green version ;-)
One of my HGTV Dream Houses, was the 2008 Green Home in South Carolina. In fact, I think that is when my love of South Carolina began! The designer, Linda Woodrum did such a fantastic job of bringing in all the colours and textures from the marsh. I especially love this low, distressed console, paired with the lamps, art and photo.

From HGTV Green Home in South Carolina






No comments:

Post a Comment