Monday, February 28, 2011

We're moving to TEXAS!

http://olioboard.com/users/sallyjl

Yep, that's right! The hubsters getting out of the Navy and we're going South in June of this year. We've been to New England and are currently in Virginia, after meeting in London.. and now to the wilds of Texas! Okay, not really wild, it'll be Austin.. but close enough. I'm pretty excited, we'll be near hubbys side of the family, and can finally start looking for a place of our own!!! I got carried away and played around with a Texas infused mood board. What do you think? I love the rustic elements, leather chair and hide rug. They all seem Texan to me! It's unlikely we will ever have a room this cowboy glam... but a gal can dream.

We were in the mall yesterday and I popped into Restoration Hardware. They had some pretty cool items that could be layered into my mood board.. Of course the steer horns... loving the industrial tool chest too.. reminds me of an old fashioned beat up gun cabinet. I think the iron and rope mirror was also pretty cool. When I think Texas, I think cowboys.. hides, leather, cast iron, rustic wood, rich fabrics, brass nail head trim, rope, horses... Love it all!

Btw, thank you so much to my new readers! I hope to have a lot to share and hopefully some giveaways in the near future, so stay tuned!!

Sally x






2 comments:

  1. oh think how much fun u will have decorating a new home x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm super excited. I can't wait to splash paint on the walls and add our own touches! There's only so much you can do with a rental (especially when the military moves you every few years!) :-)

    ReplyDelete