Saturday, January 29, 2011

All that Glitters..


http://olioboard.com/users/sallyjl
I want, need, gotta have, this dreamy, silver upholstered bed, from Plantation Design.... I want a whole room of silvery gray in my house!! Well, right now I do.. next week I will want something different, I just can't make my mind up... lol. But, I do love the feel that tone on tone colour schemes give. It can be very soothing. Of course, you still want to use the same principles you would when decorating any room:

Contrast - here with the dark, rich wood tones.
Pattern - fabrics and rug.
Texture - silk drapes, subtle texture on the rug and branch wall decor.
Sparkle - Crystal and metal finishes on fixtures and mirror.
Colour - Silver and gray.
Balance - Feminine bed and fabrics, masculine tables and dresser.

I think you also need a touch of the unexpected in a room, in this case, I think the unusual shaped mirror and branch decor all give a little of that.  I am also loving these two lovely items below... just in a different silvery room!

Williams Sonoma - Garbo Mirror


Ballard Designs - First Light Giclee

No comments:

Post a Comment