Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cheap Bathroom Updates

http://olioboard.com/users/sallyjl

Bathrooms can be mucho expensive to update. But if you have a neutral tub, sink etc.. then a few small updates might be all you need to go from drab to fab!!

If your tub needs a shower curtain, then this can be a great place to start. You can use the pattern and colours as inspiration to update the whole room. In my design above, I started with this modern floral shower curtain and used the pale aqua in the fabric as a wall colour. Then I found this bright collection of birdy art, that would add a nice accent colour above the loo (aka toilet in USA!) or on any bare wall space. I also love the use of candles in a bathroom. There's nothing better to me, than soaking in a hot tub with a nice aromatherapy candle burning (gotta love Bath and Body Works Lavender and Chamomile..) The ambiance a candle creates is definitely a must for a relaxing bathroom. I also added some crisp white towels, (I like to use white for it's fresh, bright, spa like appearance)..

Then if you had the room you could add a colourful garden stool as a place to sit and do those important jobs (like shaving the ol' legs) Storage is also important, I find I am much more relaxed in my bathroom if things are stowed away and only the pretty stuff is displayed. I dispense my hand soap into a sleek pump and then arrange all my perfumes on a mirrored tray. Baskets are also an inexpensive way to hide all of your lotions and potions, whether you have them hidden under the sink or on display in a pretty cabinet.

I am in love with this awesome idea from Bed, Bath and Beyond!! How many of us are stuck with those boring, builder grade mirrors?? (Yep, me too!) Well, this clever idea frames the mirror, to give it an elegant, custom feel! How cool is that? It comes in a mirrored edge (shown below) and a few other wood tones and a white. Check it out, it's under $50, but if you have a coupon....!! (so many exclamation marks.... sorry, I got excited!!)

I also think peel and stick tiles are a great way to neutralise an old fashioned pattern or colour. These ones from Home Depot are the perfect blank canvas for most styles of bathroom. And at $30 for a 30 pack of 12" by 12" tiles, they can't be beat!


http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17517201

www.homedepot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment