Sunday, January 30, 2011

'Somethings Gotta Give' style


If you didn't see my first post about the 'Somethings Gotta Give' style, check it out right here............ http://jadoredecor.blogspot.com/2011/01/somethings-gotta-give-beachy-style.html I found a few more items along the way to help complete the look... First off that stunning Swedish style grandfather clock. I found an antique version.... if you can afford the $6500 price tag....eeeek! If not.... check out Pier One. They have a cheaper alternative that will give a similar effect... Ok, I know... it's kind of quirky... but I think it could work!!
http://www.avolli.com/

Pier1 - Grandfather Wall Clock

http://www.hookedonhouses.net/
 If you take a peek from a different angle, you can see an amazing amount of books on the shelves. I read that the set designer actually had hundreds of pre-selected books shipped in just the fill those up!! I love the cozy seating vignette casually placed by the built-ins... the perfect spot to breathe in the ocean air and read a novel. Those dark rattan chairs are next on my list!.....

Pier One - Bennu Chair
 These dark rattan beauties are currently on clearance from Pier One (gotta love that) for a not so bad $129.98. Although they aren't as vintage looking as the SGG ones, they have the same rich tones and casual, comfy appearance. Besides, rattan can be expensive, unless you get lucky on craigslist or ebay. With some neutral cushions (also available at Pier One) they fit the bill pretty well.

CSN.com - Cooper Lamp Table

I chose this dark cherry lamp table, to compliment the rattan chairs. I know the SGG one had a lower shelf, but because the Pier One chairs are a bit busier than the originals, I think a simpler table would work better. This one is a little bit pricy ($299.37), but I love the chunky antique appearance and the height is perfect for a vase of flowers between the seating arrangement.

Pottery Barn - Savannah Chair
Back to the main seating arrangement and back to Pottery Barn.. These Savannah Chairs are the perfect complement to the English rolled arm sofa from my previous post. They are also a near perfect match to the SGG ones... have the PB people been watching this movie for inspiration too?? The ones in the movie seem to be a pale blue, but these ones above (in Harbor blue ticking) would work great, don't you think? Ticking always gives me a beachy feeling and it's subtle enough to compliment all the other patterns and details.


Benjamin Moore - Navajo White
  I think Navajo White is the perfect colour to re-create the Somethings Gotta Give look (it looks super beige on here, but google it and see).. just look at the description BM gives: "This color is part of the Off-White Color collection. Inherently sophisticated and endlessly versatile, the Off-White collection offers subtle nuances of whites that suit tranquil, serene environments as well as creates color-enhancing accents for dynamic spaces." It has a subtle, ivory undertone and a luminous quality that combine to become the perfect backdrop. I read that the SGG paint was mixed specifically for the set... I guess because of the harsh movie lighting they do things different than we do. Just take a look at the kitchen below with Navajo White paint. All spaces are different and some paints will vary in look, depending on natural lighting etc... but I think Navajo White is a good place to start. :-)


Courtesy of decorpad


No comments:

Post a Comment