Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Beaded Chandeliers

Maddox Beaded Chandelier - Ballard Designs

I really like the Beaded Chandeliers that keep popping up everywhere, I just don't like the price tags! I saw some very smart and crafty people making their own here http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2010/05/make-a-beaded-chandelier/ from items bought at the dollar store!!

The only negative would be that it couldn't be wired for an actual lighting fixture. Then I saw this chandelier on www.ikea.com. It's $49.99, unlike it's pricier beaded cousin from Ballard (costing between $119-$349) but I can see the potential for it to be turned into something similar (with the lighting on the outside)!! Beads can be pricey, but you can chose your own colour and material (plastic/glass/pearls) and make it your own. Or be as thrifty as the ladies at Dollar Store Crafts and spray beaded Christmas garland the colour of your choice!! I think I will be picking up a Lerdal chandelier next time I visit Ikea.....:-)

Btw, the chandelier can be used with candles or bulbs!

Lerdal Chandelier - Ikea


No comments:

Post a Comment