Friday, January 21, 2011

Feeling Mediterranean

http://olioboard.com/users/sallyjl


Brrr.... where's the warm weather...? I can't wait for summer, so I used some warm wood tones and a stunning suzani fabric to create this warm, tropical feeling board. I adore the combination of rusty orange, brown and light aqua/teal.. It has a Mediterranean feel to it don't you think...? Blue and orange are the perfect complimentary colours. A little warm and cool. I can imagine the fabric made into some gorgeous drapes for a great visual impact.

Ballard Designs - Season Prints

As for the image below (from a spectacular hotel in Israel)...... where to begin... LOVE, LOVE, LOVELY!! What a stunning idea for a headboard! ART! I was flipping through the Ballard catalogue yesterday, and saw these huge art pieces hanging behind a couch (and filling the whole wall) but never thought.. 'hey, they'd make a cool backdrop to a bed.' I like the way the furniture and bedding are all neutral and then the colours in the art used in the pillows, throws and accessories.. so freaking cool...

One more fabulous thing... Pier1 has this pretty sunburst mirror for sale. I have never seen one so cheap.. $79.98 my friends! You know you need one..for over the bed, in a hallway, over a dresser.... lol.



Suzani Nile Denton
http://premierprintsfabric.com/suznld.shtml


www.inisrael.com

Pier One - Sunburst Mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment